Saturday, March 2, 2013

Advertisements That Rock.

The Sunday after our advertisement lecture, our Relief Society teacher began her lesson with this advertisement, which is part of a campaign called "Lead India." I felt really inspired watching it.

Lead India: The Tree

Another video I just came across: an ad promoting the discontinuation of labeling children with certain disorders. Again, inspired. 

Stop Labeling Children: Anonymous

What is it that makes these advertisements so powerful and inspiring to many people, not just to someone who loves learning leadership principles and is a Human Development major? I think that a good advertisement portrays its message in a way that a lot of people can relate to it. I think that almost all humans are similar in our deep yearnings... a few of which are highlighted in the two commercials above: the need to have meaning and purpose, the need to be understood for who you are, the need to feel loved and appreciated (to name only a few). My favorite advertisements are not those that mostly entertain me (although those are great!)--my favorites are those that inspire me, remind me to be a better person, and leave me determined to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment