Monday, March 11, 2013

My Laptop. My Life.

I have just a small thought. I write this post, cringing a little as I do. I have a question for you. What would your life be like if you didn't have your laptop? Just thinking about that makes me feel a little bit guilty, because I know that I would have so much more free time to do (in most cases, probably) more meaningful things! My laptop is a powerful tool for good... but it can also be a vice. Why do some of the best gifts to us have such a power to ensnare us as well! It's like a pendulum... the farther it swings one way (for good), the farther it can go the other way (for bad)!

I suppose the only way to solve the problem comes with these two words: responsibility and discipline. I hope that I can continue to develop those, so that I can be better myself and also teach my kids those important principles as well, so that we can all avoid the "technology takeover" and live real, productive, and happy lives!

2 comments:

  1. Doing my homework would be SO difficult!!! I definitely consider it a huge blessing that my parents bought me a laptop. However, I may have been more productive without it, because then it would have forced me to go to the library whenever i needed to type a paper, research, etc. haha who knows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My computer broke the other day and I was literally SO LOST. The first thing I thought of was losing all of my pictures. Then I realized that the paper I had just finished was lost forever. Luckily, my genius dad fixed my computer and all is well but I went through a 24 hour period of using campus computers, and other such awful things. It made me very grateful for my laptop.

    ReplyDelete