Monday, March 18, 2013

Music, Shopping, and Cheesecake



Last month I went to the Cheesecake Factory for the first time (I know, where have you been all my life?!) And one thing I noticed about the experience, other than the food, was that I really loved the music they played. All of it. Maybe I was just in a really good mood for that kind of music, but honestly, that alone makes me want to go back again!

Cheesecake Factory
When I thought about it more, I realized that music has a big effect on me whenever I go into a store. Even silence has an effect. The music or noise I hear can drive me away, or make me want to stay longer (and... spend more money). The other day I went to a pizza place where the one girl there was listening to screamo stuff, and I just wanted to leave. In fact, I did. After we ordered the pizza. The customer service was great, but the music almost drove me away. Music has a powerful effect on the atmosphere of any store, and in extension, it can even determine the success of an establishment.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Cheesecake Factory. They have delicious food and I agree, they play really good music as well.

    ReplyDelete