Saturday, February 2, 2013

Mormon Messages

I love the new ways that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has been getting its message out. From Mormon Messages to billboards to "I am a Mormon" ads to bus advertisements in the middle of New York City! I went to New York for the first time this last Thanksgiving break, and just glanced at the bus passing by. I had to do a double-take because of the last part--the words "Jesus Christ." And I thought, who is still brave enough to profess Christ in Manhattan, when many in this country seem to want to remove God from the public domain?

And then I saw the "mormon.org" to the left of the advertisement, and I thought, of course! It's us. :)

Excuse the warped picture... I stitched two pics together to give you the full effect!

One of my all-time favorite Mormon Messages is "Create", based on a talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf. This short message, along with many other of the videos that the Church produces, inspire me to be a better person. They enlighten my mind and help me to be a more positive person in general, and I know that many other people feel the same way. I am glad for the message of optimism and hope that the Gospel brings!

CREATE

No comments:

Post a Comment