Saturday, February 2, 2013

And Men Think THEY'RE Tough!

I have never gone through childbirth, and I cringe at the thought of it. Of course, I'll do it, mostly because I believe that part of our purpose here is to have families, and I'm excited to have my own someday! But the pain? Not so sure. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to take some tennis balls and use somebody for target practice! Just kidding. Maybe. :P Here's a popular clip that's going around. I couldn't stop laughing as I watched these two men experience the pains of a two-hour labor.

Oh, and to get the English subtitles, push the "CC" at the bottom, then click on English.

I think that this is popular because everybody likes to see someone else go through something painful (why are we like that?), and it's also intriguing to see a man try to go through an ordeal that has been women's ever since the beginning. For me, I was interested to see if they could actually do it. One dropped out, but I guess, who would want to go through that kind of pain? Just as the one guy said at the end, this video might promote men to think a little harder about getting a girl pregnant. Maybe it could even drop teen pregnancy rates, because it gives people a glimpse of what they're getting themselves into? Who knows.

7 comments:

  1. HA! I totally saw this as a trending story on Yahoo! the other day and thought it was down right hilarious. Now that you mention it, I notice a lot of media is based on getting pleasure from someone else's pain--such as America's Funniest Home Videos! People are constantly hitting people where it hurts most and we reward them with thousands of dollars and other prizes. And what is that teaching those watching it? That hurting others is rewarding and funny instead of harmful. It's definitely interesting to see the lasting results of these types of things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that is so interesting/funny that there is a machine that induces birth pains... I guess it's good for guys to see what we have to go through. I don't think women are as entertained by pain as men are, but this is probably pretty interesting for women to see- especially those who have given birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw this the other day and I thought they were crazy! But man, I think I would want my husband to know what I'm going through when I have a baby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw this as well! i find it amazing that because of our connections we have all experienced the same media but none of us are directly connected. It has always been a wonder to me how fast media travels and how much it can connect people.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SIgn me UP! Dare I say that this is worse though? I know the fury of all woman-kind will come upon me, but the reasoning behind me saying that it is worse is that women get the reward of a baby (more often than not) after this experience.

    I do think it would be a interesting experience. Bring IT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, after actually going through labor/delivery 3 different times, I must say it is by far the most painful thing I've ever gone through. That is why we have beautiful drugs, though! :)

    And Kevin....you just have no idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think as "American" we like phsyical comedy. We like seeing people hurt as long its not us or someone we know.

    Yeah when it comes to childbirth... definitely never want to go through that, luckily as a male... not gona happen :D

    ReplyDelete