Saturday, April 6, 2013

How Do YOU Get Your News?

Today I had one of those good, long talks with my mom. As we talked, I realized that she was not aware of a few big controversial topics that have popped up recently. And I thought to myself, how does this happen? When she probably watches the news on TV much more often than I do? As I thought about it, I realized that besides word of mouth, Facebook IS my news source. I can't decide whether that's a good or bad thing.

While I should probably expand my horizons, I feel that Facebook is a good way to stay current on the issues that are pertinent to the people my age, right now. And I mean right now as in, almost instantaneous, because Facebook is like a small town where word spreads like wildfire!

Tonight I turned on KSL news for the first time...ever. I discovered that it's not so bad, and that there are quite a few things going on in my own area that I had no idea about. Maybe TV does have its merits. :)

How do you stay informed?

2 comments:

  1. I've never thought of Facebook as a news source before but it totally is. I actually hate keeping up on the news so most of my news comes from my husband. I know it's important to stay informed though, especially one day when I have children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The economist is a fantastic medium for getting a semi-neutral viewpoint of national and international news.

    ReplyDelete